Connecticut Green LEAF Schools
- Provide Effective Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Improve the Health and Wellness of Students and Staff, and
- Reduce Environmental Impact
Why should you "Green" your school?
Green schools create healthy, productive learning environments for students and teachers. Studies show that green schools raise student achievement and save money, while improving the health of students and staff.
Environmental education provides a focus for learning in all content areas and builds critical thinking skills.
- Students are more engaged and become empowered to make a difference in their school and community.
- Students gain essential skills that contribute to a vibrant economy and more sustainable communities.
Congratulations to the Connecticut Honorees!
Greenwich Academy, Greenwich
Barnard Environmental Studies Magnet Schools
New Haven Common Ground High School
New Haven Environmental Sciences Magnet at Mary Hooker, Hartford
Congratulations to our Green Districts!
Welcome our newest Green LEAF Schools!
- Read the letter that the Connecticut Commissioners sent to schools
- Download the Connecticut Green LEAF Schools Brochure
- Benefits of a Green LEAF School
- How Green LEAF Program Works
- CT Green LEAF Goals and suggestions on how to implement them
- Resources for your Green LEAF School
- How Connecticut Schools working on the Air Permit Amnesty Program can benefit from Green LEAF
- Green Ribbon Schools Nominations
|Who are the
In 2014, Connecticut Green LEAF Schools received a grant from the CT Office of Higher Education to create the Green LEAF Schools Professional Learning Communities Project. Learn more about this project.
CT Department of Education, CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, CT Department of Public Health, CT Department of Adminstrative Services, as well as many environmental and educational organizations to promote green and healthy schools for all.
For questions about the CT Green LEAF program contact email@example.com